Consultation Recent News Resources Search Contact Us
B-1 Temporary Business Visitor
The business visitor visa is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business. The foreign national must successfully establish that he or she is:
- Entering the U.S. to perform skilled or unskilled labor or as a representative of foreign employer and only receive compensation from the foreign employer and not a from a U.S. employer.
- Plans to remain for a specific and limited period; and
- Has a residence outside the U.S. as well as other binding ties that will insure their return abroad at the end of the visit.
Some examples of permissible activities include:
- Entrepreneurs investigating investment opportunities in the U.S.
- Employee of a foreign employer coming to negotiate or finalize contracts
- Employee of a foreign employer coming to provide consultation services in the U.S.
- Businessperson coming to conduct research on an area of prospective business
- Business personnel coming to receive business training or attend seminars/conferences